Thursday, June 18, 2009

The year has come and gone :(


It is with mixed emotions that we took Jena to the airport on Saturday, June 6th. The year went by so quickly it is truly scary how quickly time passes us by as we get older. The above picture was right when she left us to go to her gate.

Jena was sad to leave yet so excited to return to her country and her family that she had not seen in 10 months. Such a HUGE thing for a 17 year old and she handled it like a champ, rarely ever showing any signs throughout the year of being homesick.

I have to say I was more emotional than I thought I would be putting her on the plane knowing how long she had to travel and the thought that we may not see her again for along time. I am confident we will keep in touch forever, and she still has high hopes of visiting us when we finally ever get to travel to China to bring our daughter home. It was a wonderful that she got to share most this pregnancy at least with her host mom, and I am certain we will meet again one day in the near future, especially if she comes back to the states during college.


We miss you Jena! Love, Drew and Nicole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home