Monday, April 06, 2009

Spring Break is HERE!!!!!!!!!!



5:45 AM waiting for her host mom to get out of bed to take her to the airport :)










This is our week of spring break and it could not have come any sooner. Jena left Saturday for a fabulous trip to DC, Philly, and NY. She is going with a group called Explore American which is a travel service just for exchange students in the US each year. They offer about 5 different trips throughout the school year and Jena was lucky enough to take advantage of this.

A big bonus was that her friend Sophie was joining her. Sophie is also from Chiayi, Taiwan and she has been placed with a host family outside Fort Wayne, Indiana this year but they have not seen each other. They are rooming with 2 girls from Germany and we are so excited for her and this opportunity.

I am leaving Tuesday to spend a few days in Louisville with my family. Unfortunately it's a short visit compared to my usual week there, but I am looking forward to it EXCEPT the fact I am going to a high of 40 and a low of 30 tomorrow. Guess I'll be relaxing at the pool today in the sunny 80+ weather to prepare myself.




Jena talking to her mom and dad through Skype between packing the night before she left...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home